Skip to content
- Use fine-tipped tweezers to grasp the tick as close to the skin’s surface as possible.
- Pull the tweezers upward applying even pressure. Do not twist or jerk the tick. This can result in the mouth-parts breaking off and remaining in the skin. If this happens, remove the mouth-parts with tweezers
- After removing the tick, thoroughly clean the bite area as well as your hands.
- Place the tick in a Ziploc bag and send it in for testing!
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection